Thursday, September 27, 2007

Ouch!

Well, where do i begin?

The last two days i've spent in the hospital trying to get my knees taken care of. At the persuading of my mama and roommates i missed class and work yesterday afternoon and spent the day at the Mother Frances Hospital Regional Health Care Center, ER in Tyler. I had my roommates Katee and Savanah with me. It was pretty cool. Everyone has been super nice and understanding, beds were comfy, nice air conditioning, plus i got to watch my favorite show ever....REBA! Ah, that was nice.

So as it turns out, i have a staff infection in both knees and in the heels of my feet. So i was put on a very high dosage of antibiotics and was told to come back the next morning for wound care "whirlpool treatment".

So this morning Katee and i leave campus at 8, get to the hospital at 9 for my wound care stuff. I get to be pushed around in a wheelchair a bit, which was pretty cool. This morning my knees and my right heel especially were just throbbing and aching. ah, it hurt so bad. But back to the hospital stuff. They ended up having to like scrub off all the dirt (that still has yet to come off) off of my legs and feet. Then they doctor like took scrubbers and tweezers and like plucked away all the skin around my knee wounds and pulled the scabs off my heels. Oh my gosh..it hurt so bad! lol. Then i told the doctor that i'd been feeling really sick as of the last 2 days. My throat was getting swollen, i had lymph nodes swelling up and aching, headaches, fever. So she decided to run some tests on me. So i had to get 5 vials of blood drawn. They think i may have mono. :S Not fun. I've been coughing like the dickens all day.

Anyhow - right now is supper break and yes i'm skipping it to update you all on my life.

I got pictures from the hospital so i'll put those up sometime. I have to go back to the hospital on Monday morning, and they're calling me with my test results tomorrow sometime. Hopefully all's well.

But yea, right now i'm pretty good. My knees are really aching and throbbing, but other than that i can't complain. My poor mama is having it rough though. I miss her! I was sitting in the lab waiting room with Katee this morning and all the sudden i was like ......."i want my mommy....." Katee's like "don't start crying now!" and then she looks over and i already was. lol

Ah, i'm emotional right now! lol

More updates later!


FYI: incase you were wondering how i got my knees all nasty it was from ESOAL on the very first day when i had to low crawl the football field once. My capri's rode up and didn't offer any protection for my legs. Then for the whole rest of ESOAL they just had to be in all that nasty mud and junk so..it got infected.

My feet have still been getting swollen. They'll get all poofy, i call them my ogre feet. It's weird they'll get all tingly like they're asleep, even though all i'll be doing at the time is sitting normal on the floor or whatever. It's never done that before, so hopefully the doctors get it all good and taken care of!! :)

Love you all,

Rachel

2 comments:

Curtis said...

Rae! We need an update! :)

Rachel said...

Taken care of my friend. Now taken care of!